These are some pretty delicious low-fat muffins.
Makes 18 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups peeled, chopped apples (approximately 2 medium sized apples)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
Preheat oven to 375°F
- Using an electric mixer, combine the wet ingredients: the eggs, milk, yogurt, and applesauce.
- Add in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chopped apples by hand.
- Pour the batter into greased muffin pans.
- In another bowl, mix the topping ingredients by hand. Stir until well-combined and crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping on the muffins.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.