We have a whole lot of rosemary bushes in the backyard. Having just moved to Southern California a few months ago from New Hampshire, this is kind of crazy to me. Fresh rosemary? In the backyard? In February? I’m loving sweet potatoes these days and combining them with rosemary is over the top delicious.
These fries are baked, not fried, so they are fat free and healthy (sweet potatoes are packed full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber).
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450°F
- Scrub and wash your sweet potato. You can peel it too, if you prefer, but I left the skin on.
- Cut the sweet potato into long strips. You want them to be fairly thin so that they crisp up well. The more similar in size you make them, the more evenly they will cook.
- Arrange your fries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You want them to be in a single layer. Toss them in salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Put the fries in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn them, add more seasoning if desired, and bake for another 15 minutes. If they aren’t quite crisp enough, continue cooking.
- Serve with ketchup or your favorite condiment!