When I need a hearty, filling breakfast this is my go-to sandwich. It’s quick to make and leaves me feeling full into the afternoon. If I am in a rush and need to take it on-the-go, I leave off the salsa, push it down gently to flatten it a little bit, and wrap it up in tin foil.
Makes one sandwich
- 1 egg
- onion slices
- tomato slices
- avocado slices
- scoop of salsa
- cheese (I like sharp cheddar or pepper jack)
- bagel/english muffin/bread
- Place the cheese on half of the bagel and put it in the toaster oven*, face up. Toast until cheese is melty and gooey.
- While the bagel is toasting, cook your egg. I like mine over easy (fried on both sides, with a runny yolk).
- Assemble, then cut in half for easy eating.