Makes four bowls
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 lemons, juiced
- black pepper
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups peas
- 2 cups corn
- 4 scoops hummus of your choice
- goat cheese, to garnish (optional, leave off for vegan dish)
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package.
- While the quinoa is cooking, steam the broccoli using your favorite method. I bring 1-2″ of water to a boil in a pot, insert my steamer with the broccoli, and cook for about 5 minutes. Be careful not to let the broccoli cook for too long. It can go from a perfect soft crunch to wilty in no time.
- When the broccoli is finished, toss it in the lemon juice. Grind the black pepper on top, to taste.
- Combine all ingredients (except the cheese) in one large bowl, or assemble individual bowls. Be sure to stir them up well. The hummus makes this a very creamy bowl when it’s well combined.
- Scoop some goat cheese on top (makes it even creamier!), or feel free to omit for a vegan meal.