This soup is so quick to make and perfect for a cold day. (I know, I know, I live in southern California now… But it’s been in the 50s and you would not believe how quickly I have adapted to sunshine all the time!) The cannellini beans make this soup pretty filling and hearty. I love it because it is really good reheated. Make a big pot, and it tastes even more flavorful the next day.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 15oz cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4-5 cups spinach, torn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil, over medium heat, until slightly softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, broth, and beans.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer the soup, uncovered, for ten minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until the spinach wilts.
- Add salt and pepper taste.