These cookies don’t just have a slight hint of peanut butter. They are full on, in-your-face, overwhelmingly peanut buttery. They are for peanut butter lovers.
Makes 4-5 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup butter, softened
- 1/8 cup apple sauce (can be replaced with butter, if you want)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 11.5oz bag chocolate chips (dark chocolate chips are really good in these!)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°F
- Using an electric mixer, beat the white and brown sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Add the peanut butter.
- By hand, stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and seeds/nuts.
- The dough will be really gooey, so this will be a little tricky, but scoop up a couple tablespoons of the dough, pack it in together to form a cookie, and drop it onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, until edges are light brown.