Makes 15 scones
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest (zest of 2 small lemons)
- 1 cup lemon yogurt (almost two full 6-ounce containers)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (defrosted) blueberries
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice (juice of one large lemon)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and lemon peel).
- Add in the yogurt, egg, and melted butter. If using an electric mixer, be careful–it gets really sticky!
- Once the ingredients are well combined, stir in the blueberries by hand.
- Using two spoons, scoop the dough onto a greased cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart. To make 15 scones, they should be around 2 1/2″ wide.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.
- To make the glaze, combine the sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Start with two tablespoons of lemon juice, adding more if needed.
- Allow the scones to cool for five minutes, then drizzle the glaze on top, while still warm.