I made these for breakfast Sunday morning. I froze half of them in a ziplock bag. I’m excited to have these on hand to pop in the toaster oven during the week. I made them in a large muffin pan, but they’d probably be great as an appetizer at your next dinner party if you made them in a mini muffin pan.
Makes 12 muffin cups
- 5 eggs*
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, drained (or use 1-2 cups fresh spinach, chopped)
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 diced onion
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese (I used a mix of pepper jack & cheddar)
- to season: salt, pepper, tabasco sauce, fresh basil, and/or extra cheese
*I’m a eat-the-entire-egg lady myself, but if you prefer to just use egg whites, you can replace the eggs with 3/4 cup and 3 tablespoons of egg whites.
Preheat oven to 350°F
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl until well combined.
- Stir in the spinach, red pepper, onion, and cheese.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, divide the batter into a greased muffin pan. Fill each muffin cup with a scant 1/4 cup of the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the edges are slightly golden.
- Serve with salt, pepper, tabasco sauce, sriracha, fresh basil, and/or extra cheese.