Makes 3-4 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons orange juice (juice of three large oranges)
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon + extra to garnish
- 12oz bag semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375°F
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the orange juice (1/2 cup), butter, yogurt, and egg.
- Add the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and orange zest (2 tablespoons).
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon to drop the dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Use 2-3 tablespoons per cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375°F.
- While the cookies are baking, make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar with 3 tablespoons of orange juice and 1 teaspoon of orange zest.
- When the cookies are done, let them sit for five minutes. While still warm, drizzle the glaze on top.
- To garnish, sprinkle some extra orange zest and cinnamon.