I was craving pizza, but wanted it right now. I didn’t feel like spending the time making and rolling out dough. I had some pita bread and 15 minutes later, I was eating pizza!
Makes 1 pita-sized pizza
- 1 slice of pita bread
- 1/4 marinara
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- a few scoops of ricotta cheese
- 5 cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Customize away! These are fabulous because everyone gets to make and assemble their own pizza, so you can make it how you like it. Prefer pesto to marinara? Go right ahead! Craving some olives or broccoli or black beans? Add ‘em!
Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 350°F
- Spread the marinara sauce evenly over the pita bread.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top, followed by small spoonfuls of ricotta. Add the tomatoes, basil, and oregano.
- Bake in the oven or toaster oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and the pita is just barely starting to crisp.