- 1 head red lettuce
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch of beets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pepper & salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (omit to make vegan)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- balsamic vinegar & olive oil (or salad dressing of your choice)
Preheat oven to 415°F
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. If you like the skin, feel free to leave it on. Chop the sweet potato into 1/2″ bite size pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the sweet potato in salt and pepper, to taste. Bake the sweet potatoes at 415 F for 15-20 minutes, until they are slightly soft.
- Wash the beets, then chop off the top and bottom. If some of the beets are really large, cut them in half so they cook more evenly. Place the beets on a tinfoil lined baking sheet.
- Brush the tops and bottoms of the beets with ~2 teaspoons olive oil. Place a sheet of tinfoil over the beets, pressing the corners in to seal them inside. Bake at 415°F for approximately an hour.
- When the beets are done, wait for them to cool and then peel the skins off. The skins should come off fairly easily, and you should be able to remove it with your fingers. Chop the beets into 1/2″ bite size pieces.
- Place the sweet potatoes and beets in a bowl. Add the goat cheese, then toss until well combined.
- Make a big salad bowl with the lettuce, sweet potatoes, and beets, or assemble individual bowls. Sprinkle walnuts on top. Serve with olive oil and vinegar, or a dressing of your choice.