We ran out of granola and I decided to try out something new. This is a slight twist on my maple granola recipe. The added spices (cinnamon! nutmeg! ginger! cardamon!) give it a little something extra.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick oats)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries (or a different dried fruit, or a mix)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (or agave nectar, or honey)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamon
Preheat oven to 300°F
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the dried fruit. Stir until everything is well coated in the maple syrup.
- Spread the granola out evenly onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then toss the granola so it cooks evenly. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Stir in the dried fruit.
- Let the granola cool completely before storing it.