Watermelon is in season! So is basil! And mint! That means it’s time for watermelon sorbet. With just 3-4 ingredients, this simple sorbet is refreshing and oh so easy to make.
- A small watermelon
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice (lemon would work too)
- Fresh basil or mint, chopped, to garnish (optional)
1. Cut the watermelon into pieces, discarding the rind. Freeze the pieces overnight.
2. Put the watermelon in a blender or food processor with the yogurt and lime juice. Blend until smooth, but don’t over blend. (Note: If the watermelon is too frozen and won’t blend, you can let it sit at room temperature until it softens a little.)
3. Put it in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
4. Serve with chopped basil or mint on top!