Sometimes I think that David deliberately lets bananas stick around past their prime so that I will make banana bread.
It works every time.
- 3 bananas
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons plain or vanilla yogurt (can substitute with more butter if you’d prefer)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh cranberries*
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional…but not really!)
*You can use dried cranberries instead of fresh if it’s what you have, but I highly recommend the tart pop of fresh cranberries! I keep a couple bags in the freezer.
Preheat oven to 375°F
1) With a mixer, beat together the bananas, melted butter, yogurt, egg, and vanilla.
3) Add the sugar, baking soda, and the flour, mixing until smooth (it’s okay if there’s still a few chunks of banana).
5) By hand, stir in the cranberries and (if using) chocolate chips.
6) Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan (9×5 and 8×4 both work).
7) Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until top is browned and a fork comes out clean from the center.
8) Remove the banana bread from the pan and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.