>>Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
>> Yields ~15 scones
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (my lemon was fairly large, so I used a lot more, maybe 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup lemon yogurt (almost two full 6-ounce containers)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- ~3 tablespoons of lemon juice (I used the juice of 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel (I used more, maybe 1 teaspoon)
1) In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and lemon peel).
2) Add in the yogurt, egg, and melted butter. You can use an egg beater (though be careful–it gets really sticky) or a spoon.
3) Once the ingredients are well combined, stir in the blueberries.
4) Using two spoons, scoop the dough onto a greased cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart. To make 15 scones, they should be around 2 1/2-3″, but you can really make them however large or small you want.
5) Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned.
6) Combine the glaze ingredients. If it’s too watery, add more confectioners sugar. If it’s not lemony enough, add more juice. While the scones are still warm, drizzle the glaze on top.