Adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons tumeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Rice, to serve
1. In a large pot, cook the carrot and onion in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomato paste, ginger, and spices. Stir until well combined.
3. Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, and cauliflower. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Add the chickpeas, coconut milk, and peas. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Serve with rice.