These are, quite simply, amazing. Don’t worry, they are also egg and salmonella free!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup and two tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vanilla or plain Greek yogurt (this is what replaces the eggs and holds the dough together)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips, melted*
*This amount will coat 1/2 of each cookie dough ball. If you want to coat them completely, use 2 1/2 cups of chocolate chips!
Yields ~30 cookie dough balls
1) Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
2) Beat in the yogurt and vanilla, followed by the flour.
3) Stir in the chocolate chips.
4) Cover and chill the dough for one hour in the refrigerator.
5) Roll the dough into balls (1 to 1 1/2″), placing them on a lined baking sheet (parchment paper, wax paper, silicone sheet, etc). They can be close together since you aren’t baking them!
6) Put the cookie sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
7) Melt 1 1/4 cups of chocolate chips using a double broiler or the microwave.
8) Jab the balls with a fork and use it as a dipping tool to coat with chocolate. You can coat the whole ball, or just half. (I preferred just half since they are so rich already.) Return the balls to the lined baking sheet.
9) Freeze until set, or another 20 minutes.
10) Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They should be good for at least a week! If you want them to last longer, you can freeze them.