- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 bell peppers (any color you like), sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 9oz box of oven-ready lasagne
- 2 24oz jars of tomato sauce
- 16oz shredded mozzarella (or use a mix of mozzarella and Parmesan)
- 15oz ricotta cheese
Preheat oven to 450°F.
- First you’re going to roast the vegetables. On a greased or lined baking sheet, toss the vegetables in the olive oil. Roast in oven for 15 minutes at 450°F.
- Turn the oven down to 375°F.
- Time to assemble the lasagna! In the bottom of a 9×13″ pan, spread a thin layer of tomato sauce (~3/4 cup).
- Place three of the lasagne on top of the sauce. The noodles won’t completely cover the bottom of the pan, but the lasagne will expand and spread out as they cook.
- Add another layer of sauce, followed by a layer of veggies, shredded mozzarella, and spoonfuls of ricotta.
- Add another layer of noodles, then sauce, veggies, mozzarella, and ricotta. Repeat until you run out of lasagne noodles. Top the final layer of noodles with sauce, mozzarella, and ricotta.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 375°F for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5-10 additional minutes, until cheese on top is melted.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Note: Lasagna freezes really well! Don’t bake it before freezing. Assemble in an oven/freezer safe container, cover tightly, and freeze. When you’re ready to bake it, defrost in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Bake at 375°F for 60 minutes covered, 5-10 minutes uncovered.