These muffins are quite tart with only a little sweetness. If you aren’t a huge fan of tart, you could increase the amount of sugar, decrease the amount of cranberries, or use dried cranberries in place of fresh ones… but I think you’d be making a mistake!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup orange juice*
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh cranberries*
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Extra fresh cranberries
*I squeezed my own (about five small oranges), but feel free to use bottled!
*Frozen ones work great, no need to defrost!
Preheat oven to 400°F
Yields 12 muffins
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the muffin batter ingredients except for the cranberries. Using a mixer, mix until well combined. Stir in the cranberries.
- Pour the batter into a greased muffin tray.
- Add some extra fresh cranberries on top along with extra orange zest.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 400°F.