Nutella in the brownie batter? And swirled on top?!
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Nutella, divided
- 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips (optional)
- Salt to sprinkle on top (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add 1 cup of nutella and mix.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9″ square baking pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the remaining 1/4 cup of Nutella on top. Swirl into the batter with a knife.
- Sprinkle the top with salt.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing for perfect squares! If you don’t wait and slice while warm, they’ll crumble a bit, but, in my opinion warm brownies > perfect looking brownies. If desired, sprinkle with more salt!