Adapted from King Arthur
We needed pizza dough a bit more quickly than the original King Arthur recipe allows for. I took a number of shortcuts: I didn’t do the 15 minute rise after rolling out the dough or the second 90 minute rise. I also didn’t precook the crust before adding toppings. And it still turned out fluffy and delicious! Here’s my quicker version.
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Mix and all the ingredients together until they form a smooth dough. I used a stand mixer with a dough hook for ~4 minutes.
- Cover and leave the dough to rise for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roll out the pizza dough into whatever shape/thickness you like. I used the dough to make two rectangular(ish)pizzas around 12″x6″ with a crust that wasn’t really thin or thick–right in the middle. It puffs up more as it cooks!
- Add your sauce and toppings! We used tomato sauce, fresh and shredded mozzarella, green pepper, mushrooms, onions, and fresh basil. Bake for 12-14 minutes at 450°F.