We have an abundance of berries growing in our yard — raspberries, black raspberries, and soon blackberries! We’ve been picking them like crazy. We’ve frozen a bunch. We’ve made smoothies. We’ve eaten them with yogurt and muesli. David made blackberry syrup for cocktails (recipe to come!). And, of course, we’ve enjoyed quite a few desserts featuring them!
We have an abundance of black raspberries in particular, so that’s what I used here, but an assortment or another type of berry should work well too! (Blueberry cobbler sounds delicious!) This recipe is so simple and quick to make!
Adapted from MyRecipes
Yields an 8×8″ pan. Double the recipe if you want to use a 9×13″ pan.
- 4 cups berries
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Ice cream and/or whipped cream, to serve
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pick your berries! Or get them from a farmers market or grocery store! :)
- Grease an 8″ square baking pan. Spread the 4 cups of berries evenly over top.
- Mix together the egg, sugar, and flour until well combined. (You don’t add the butter yet!)
- Sprinkle the mixture over top of the berries.
- Pour the melted butter over the topping.
- Bake at 375°F for 50 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top.