I promise that I do cook things other than cobblers. But peaches are in season here in Western Massachusetts and Clarkdale Fruit Farm  is offering drive thru, socially distanced, masked pick up! So we had to get a couple of bags, including a bag of utility peaches for baking!
- 4 cups peach slices (~5-7 peaches)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Melt the butter on the bottom of a 9×13″ pan as the oven preheats to 350°F. Slice 6 tablespoons of butter and put slices on bottom of pan. Put the pan into oven and preheat.
- Put the peaches, 3/4 cup of sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until well combined. Cook for ~5 minutes. Sugar should dissolve and peaches should become very juicy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the 1 cup of sugar, flour, baking powder, and milk.
- When the oven is preheated, take the pan out of the oven. Pour the sugar/flour/baking powder/milk mixture on top of the buttered pan. Do not stir.
- Pour the peaches and their juice on top.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes at 350°F until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream!