Makes 2 pita sandwiches
- 1 14oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons plain greek yogurt (use hummus to make vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- black pepper, to taste
- few leaves of lettuce, to serve
- one piece of pita bread, cut in half
I think that the best thing about this recipe (aside from how fast you can throw it together) is how flexible it is: replace the cranberries with another dried fruit (raisins? apricots?); throw in some red onion or bell pepper; add shredded carrots, apple slices, nuts, feta cheese, etc.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients (chickpeas, green onions, cranberries, greek yogurt, onion powder, cayenne, curry powder, pepper). Stir until well combined.
- If you’d prefer it as a salad (gluten free!), go ahead and eat it as is. I divided it in half, scooped the salad into two pita halves, and served with lettuce.